Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Everyone Needs a Little Introduction.

Hello everyone, my name is Emily.

I am 19 years young, and I'm currently a sophomore in college.
I love family& friends, white nectarines, dancing, crafting, philosophical conversations, and a home cooked meal.
I've always wanted to start my own lifestyle, fashion, & beauty blog but I was always hesitant. I guess I never had the guts to until now. Please be gentle and patient with me.

For my first post I decided to keep it simple and start of with an outfit of the day. A couple months ago, my friends and I made a pact that one day a week we would dress up, meaning cute outfits, hair, make up, and all that jazz. We call it our "Spiffy Days". Usually this falls on either a Monday or a Tuesday just so we start off our week well. There's something about putting on an awesome outfit that makes you feel more confident and ready to conquer the day :) As Coco Chanel would say, "I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a littles...And then, you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny." Ideally, everyday would be a spiffy day, but honestly unlike Coco Chanel I think we'd rather use that 30 minutes to sleep in bed, especially after studying all night for a midterm. Sometimes dressing up takes a lot of work...but of course it always feels good looking extra nice once in awhile. 


Here are some pictures from a couple of weeks ago. My roommate Connie loved waking up to the sunny weather. Unfortunately, right now it's gloomy and raining...Boo. Please come back sun! Anyways, her outfit was inspired by the upcoming spring season. As for me I guess you could say I was channeling business casual with a slight edge. If you were to take a peak into my closet you would see a lot of blacks, grays, and maroons. I would say they're my safety colors :) . 


 


 















Outfit Details: 

Connie: 
Blue Flower Print Dress & Brown Belt -Love Culture
Gray Cardigan - Nordstrom
Gray Knee High socks -  Small Korean Boutique
Oxford heels - Steve Madden
Bow Ring - Nordstrom  

Emily: 
Gray V-neck - Forever 21 
Black Blazer - H&M 
Burgundy Shorts - Abercrombie  
Studded Skinny Belt - Aeropostal
Black Tights - Target 
Black Pumps - Aldo (but thrifted from Black&Brown) 
Heart Earrings - Metropark  
Watch - La Mer

Superlove & Spiffy-ness, 
Emily



 P.S. Modeling is REALLY hard. Hopefully Connie & I didn't fail too miserably...

2 comments:

  1. ahh I love mint nailpolish...love the outfits :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations on ur NEW BORN BLOG! and thanks for the comment on my blog..i came to visit ur blog right away after i got ur sweet comment last night. and i can't stop admiring and loving every single post!u and ur friend are so beautiful!

    i don't usually feel this way about other blogs,maybe some, but i really love yours and feel so happy to read all of your posts.. i think u've made the best decision to proceed with the blog despite feeling hesitant. i will be ur supporter and fan! hihihi..

    i was a bit hesitant too last year before i started my blog, but after getting sweet comments, emails, messages from sweet readers and friends out there, i know i've made the right choice.. they make me soo happy!

    keep up the great work dear..
    your no1 fan..
    xoxo
    Yana

    ReplyDelete